The Amboy Foundation, Inc. is committed to serving the needs of our communities through strategic investments of the Foundation's resources. The Foundation actively seeks community development opportunities to support educational, civic, health, human services, social and cultural organizations that address these objectives. Additionally, the Foundation focuses on innovative programs that provide a measurable impact in the communities it serves.
The Amboy Foundation focuses on two major initiatives:
- Primarily, to promote community development activities and the social welfare of our community by supporting child and family organizations. In furtherance of this purpose, the Foundation supports organizations that benefit the low to moderate income population and providers of educational programs designed to meet the housing needs of such populations.
- Secondarily, we support higher educational institutions, with an emphasis on those offering business programs, and also not-for-profit hospitals and their foundations.
Grant Application Procedure
Our minimum grant amount is $1,000 and generally do not exceed $10,000. Multiple year commitments are considered, but are limited.
We request that you use the following process in preparing your grant applications. All grant applications are initially screened by Amboy staff, and then reviewed by the Foundation's Board of Trustees that meets quarterly to make funding decisions. Grant applications may be submitted at any time. The committee will review one proposal per organization during a 12-month period. Deadlines for the quarterly meetings are the 1st business day of March, June, September and December. Only complete proposals will be given full consideration.
Submit a cover letter not to exceed two pages, including the following information about the project:
- Objectives and background
- Budget, including sources of funding
- Demonstration of need
- Specific plans and timetables
- Description of funding plans, both current and long term
- Qualifications of the organization and of personnel involved
Additional information is requested regarding the organization:
- Current operating budget
- List of Board of Directors and key management personnel
- Total compensation of each of the top two paid personnel
- An IRS 501(c)(3) tax determination letter A copy of the most recent independent audit
- A copy of the most recent IRS Form 990
- The name, address, and telephone number of contact person
- Description of Amboy's relationship with your organization, including contributions and employee volunteer involvement.
Please note: The Foundation does not provide grants to support the following:
- Political causes, candidates, or organizations whose primary purpose is to influence legislation
- Religious organizations (unless the nature of the project meets the guideline requirements)
- Private clubs or fraternal organizations
- Labor groups
- Intermediary organizations or agents that pass funds through to other organizations
Grant or contribution requests should be submitted to:
The Amboy Foundation
c/o Amboy Bank
3590 U.S. Highway 9
Old Bridge, NJ 08857